2024年5月18日土曜日

small industrial revolution

 


In between my busy work schedule, I worked on a small industrial revolution.
Until now, I spent many days from spring to summer chopping wood with an axe to make firewood for the winter stove. This is because if the wood is not made by summer, it will not dry out sufficiently.
However, a local friend came over with a wood-chopper machine on his truck and I borrowed it to use. This friend is an amazing man who emigrated from Iran and is now a carpenter in Japan. He has worked on the renovation of Ikebukuro station (one of the biggest stations in Tokyo) and other major buildings. He now lives in my hometown and helps me with many things. He also imparts wisdom of life that has been passed down from generation to generation in his country.
Anyway, I tried the machine. Although I am not used to it, with this machine, my work will be 10 times more efficient! But it does not use muscles, so the amount of exercise is reduced to one-tenth.
Which is better? It is exactly the issue of convenience and degeneration that all human beings are facing. Anyway, in the pleasant early summer air, while enjoying the scent of wood, I managed to split a huge amount of wood and produce firewood in one day.
Then there is the task of putting it on special shelves. This cannot be done without manual labor.
The sound of a bush warbler can be heard coming from the forest. It was a day that made me think that we must cherish nature.
Starting next week, I will be traveling to Korea and the U.S. for three weeks for training business. The quiet ease will be over soon.


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿