2023年12月16日土曜日

Kuo’s Astral Bookshop

 


Although many people say that books are dying out, I am keenly aware that it is in times like these that we must firmly against the stream of the current trend. The Strand Bookstore, which I always visit when I stay in New York, has a mix of old and new books. And when I visit Taipei, I always stop by the Kuo’s Astral Bookshop on Dihua Street, which offers tranquility and peace in a corner of the retro street-lined market.

Today is my last night in Taipei. This year, I am relieved to confirm that these two bookstores are still firmly supported by book lovers. Thinking in analog means being able to see things three-dimensionally, sometimes from the other side. When this ability degenerates, people lose a great deal.

Now, it is better to just enjoy the atmosphere created by a handmade bookshelf, which stimulate your mind and makes you want to contemplate. Bookstores with this kind of individuality, which have largely disappeared in Japan, are now a world heritage.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿